Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New year, new goals, new workout split

I was dead set on my lifting split for almost the whole 2010, barely missed a day except for 1-2 that I was sick. It's 2011, so I might as well change things up! My last split went something like this:
  • Monday: Chest
  • Tuesday: Back
  • Wednesday: Delts/traps
  • Thursday: Legs
  • Friday: Biceps/triceps
I had too much time on my hands ha. Core work would be throwin in randomly, same with cardio. I would do 1-2 sessions a week after lifting on the elliptical for about 20 mins. Yes, I hate cardio. Heres my new split for this year:
  • Monday: Legs/shoulders/traps
  • Wednesday: Chest/triceps
  • Thursday: Back/biceps
I try to keep volume for legs low because Im usually exhausted after working them; dumbbell split squats kick my ass (srs, try em out after squatting). Sets are kept to 4, with the first being warmup and the next 3 ramping up the weight. I go heavy with squats, so usually no more than 5 reps. As for delts and chest, I seem to have the crappiest genetics ever so I do high volume and finish them off with 4 sets of isolation work(either lateral and/or cable flies). Back days start out with heavy deads then some wide grip pullups, then the usual routine. Crap, I might as well list it out.
  • Legs: squats x 4, split squats w/db's x 3. leg extensions x3, seated calf raises x6
  • Delts: db press x4, laterals x3, front raises x3
  • Traps: DB shrugs x4 or BB shrugs x5 with the last 2 sets being strip sets
  • Back: Deadlifts x4, wide grip pullups, bent over BB rows, one-armed DB rows x 3, lat pulldowns x3, cable rows x4 (strip set)
  • Biceps: 100 curls with the 45lb bar (putting it down to rest a couple seconds, the last are always half reps), hammer curls x3, preacher curls x3, standing concentration curls x3, reverse curls x2, wrist curls x2
  • Triceps: weighted dips x3 (or close grip bench, whichever Im feeling) , skullcrushers x4 (incline or flat), rope pulldowns x3
  • Core work: hanging leg raises or regular crunches
Well that's about it. My current lifts are
  • Flat Bench: 225x5
  • Squat :315x2
  • Deadlift: 365
I'm aiming for a 315 bench, deadlift between 405-455 and squat between 365-405 this year. I'll be cutting weight in March or so with EC stack so I don't expect my lifts to stay consistent. They always bump up though during fall and winter. Current bodyweight is 209 right now, got 11 more pounds to gain then I'll start my cut. Stay tuned for some other random crap, lol.

6 comments:

  1. nice blog man

    follower a fellow miscer at http://www.reddit.com/tb/f0q2l

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck man! Followed!

    Make sure to follow me at greatestsc2blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool post:)
    I'm at www.collegelawgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool post :)
    www.collegelawgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete